We hate to tell you, but fit guides are notoriously hit-and-miss. Wherever possible, when you know your size we would advise you buy that size in our product as we do fit true-to-size alongside the bigger lingerie brands, and remember, we do take returns and exchanges. However, if you are unsure, find a non padded bra of your own that fits. Jiggle around in it, lean forward so you are fully in, and then grab a ‘warm’ tape measure.
Measure under your bust whilst wearing only your non padded bra, this figure will give you your band size in the second column below.
Now measure around the fullest part of your bust, again, whilst just wearing your non padded bra, this figure will give you your cup size, as in the table below, from A to E cup
|Under bust measurement||A Cup||B Cup||C Cup||D Cup||DD Cup||E Cup|
|Size 8 (30)||63-67cm||77-79cm||79-81cm||81-83cm||83-85cm||85-88cm||87-89cm|
|Size 10 (32)||68-72cm||82-84cm||84-86cm||86-88cm||88-80cm||90-92cm||92-94cm|
|Size 12 (34)||73-77cm||87-89cm||89-91cm||91-93cm||93-95cm||95-97cm||97-99cm|
|Size 14 (36)||78-82cm||92-94cm||94-96cm||96-98cm||98-100cm||100-102cm||102-104cm|
|Size 16 (38)||83-87cm||97-99cm||99-101cm||101-103cm||103-105cm||105-107cm||107-109cm|
And now to undies:
|8 – XS||10 – S||12 – M||14 – L||16 – XL|
|Waist (cm)||71 (24”)||73.5 (26”)||77.5 (28”)||81 (30”)||86.5 (32”)|
|Hip (cm)||85 – 90
(33.5 – 35.5”)
|90 – 95
(35.5 – 37.5”)
|96 – 100
(37.5 – 39.5”)
|101 – 105
(39.5 – 41.5”)
|106 – 111
(41.5 – 43.5”)
That’s it, you’re fitted, now go shop your perfect wire free bra!
Fitting your new wire free bra
At least 80% of the support from your bra comes from the band.
- Fasten the wire free bra on its middle back fitting. The back strap (or underband) should fit firmly, flush to your back.
- If the band rides up at the back the bra may be too large. Consider going down a band size.
- If the band pinches and creates “back fat” that wasn’t there before, it’s probably too small. Go up a band size.
- When you lift your arms or move your body, the bra should stay in place without moving or needing to be readjusted.
- Shoulder straps should be adjusted to the tops of the shoulders, on your back.
- Properly fitted straps will pull the cup into your breast but not dig into the shoulders, nor will they slide or move. Adjust the straps while standing straight. Make sure they aren’t too tight, you should be able to fit two fingers under them.
- Bend forward slightly and shake your bust into the cups. The cups should encapsulate breast tissue and be shaped by your breasts.
- The cup should fit smoothly around the breast. If it sags, the cup size is too large.
- Check that the bra cups sit smoothly along your skin and cover your breasts. If there’s spillage or bulging, the cup size is too small.
Remember, any one bra will only be a perfect fit for 40% of women who are that size, but we hope you take the time to fit your Bras Without Wires properly, so you can give your breasts a rest.